my goal for this post is to show you, how not to run a bitcoin faucet. I tried it but later i will explain what i have done wrong!
What is a bitcoin faucet? It provides you free money for visiting a page full of Ads. Type your bitcoin address, solve a captcha and click a claim button.
Easy going! Grabbed free webspace with a free subdomain, set up faucetinabox provided by faucetbox and put some Ads on this page. 100000 Satoshi is needed to start. Looked for faucet lists to apply for. Activate!
I thought it would be enough profit to refill this faucet.
- NOT in the first time…
- NOT after your faucet is a victim of bots…
It thought it makes no difference to use a real TLD or free subdomain.
- Google AdSense does! Denied from Service.
- Some other better paying Services too! Denied from Service.
- No SSL Cert… less “security”.
I thought it would be easy.
- Try many captcha methods to prevent bots. Doesn’t worked.
- Tried to script an Anti-Bot system. Doesn’t work.
- Lowering claims. No one visited it any more, it died.
What i have done wrong?
- Free Subdomain isn’t able to apply on Google AdWords.
- Doesn’t earned enough to refill.
- A free Subdomain is harder to find via Google Search.
- Used not an own faucet script.
- Owned too less Bitcoins to start with properly.
- Doesn’t Geoblock to hold Bots out.
- Provide a claim under 200 Satoshi which is a magical deadline.
To see how a faucet not should be you can visit it. It is now due no Balance, not claimable! TO FAUCET
What others could do better ?